For the first time in a few years, I missed the UGA game today. We had plane tickets for a chartered flight to Louisiana. I woke up feeling really really bad, and opted out. The fact that I did this shows how bad I feel. I have self-diagnosed myself with Sinusitis. The front of my face and my teeth hurt so bad on my right side. I was feeling bad yesterday, but then once I got on the plane, after about an hour of the flight, I had excrutiating pain in my ears and face. I was seriously crying and having to act like it was the book I was reading. Still in major pain. I went to the walk-in place today, sat for 20 minutes with 22 people ahead of me, maybe 2 of which spoke English. One set of kids were playing patty-cake, one was jumping rope (no lie), one little girl was screaming, one other little girl next to me was basically blowing snot rockets, and I heard them tell the person who came in after me that it would be a 2 hour wait. So, I left. I figured that I would rather sleep and take some leftover meds than deal with that. It is open tomorrow at 9 am, I will probably get there at 8:30 to avoid all of the crowd of non-taxpaying patients.
Otis has slept with me all day long. I know he is bored. But he has been a good companion today while Derrick went to the game. My dad was SUPER sweet and came all the way from Lawrenceville to bring me a big crockpot full of mom's homemade veggie soup! Thanks Mom and Dad! I have had 2 bowls already, about to eat another. Yummy.
Currently reading the book "Marley and Me" - really cute book. Marley reminds me so much of Otis (if you haven't read it, the dog is a holy terror). I will keep you updated on whether it turns out to be good or not!

Glad the Dawgs won. Wish I could have been there - it's so sad. I hope Derrick is having a good time for me though!
2 comments:
Marley and Me is one of my favorites. Your dad was too sweet. There is just something about your mom's food that makes you feel better. Sad you missed the game. Hope you feel better!
Hey Ali !!
So sorry you are sick - you need antibiotic, decadron shot, decongestant - THE WORKS !! I've enjoyed reading all about your trip - loved the pictures - just wish you had felt better. I know you are glad to be home with Otis and D. Take care and see you soon!
Love,
Aunt Sandra
Post a Comment