Wednesday, March 25, 2009

17 week appointment

I had an OB appointment today. I start my rotational appointments now, where I get to meet all of the different doctors. I met with Dr. Thompson today, he was very nice. They didn't do a sonogram, just listened to the heartbeat. The baby was very active, so active the nurse could hardly get him to slow down enough to get his heart beat. The heart beat was 154. They said that normal is somewhere between 135 and 160. I had gained 4 lbs since my last appointment 5 weeks ago, which they said was good. But, overall I haven't gained any, since I lost in the first trimester, but I was overweight to begin with with the Holidays and stress from my last job and all! It sure feels like I've gained more than that!

On another note, I totally overworked myself this past weekend. I have really hurt my hip badly. It's what is called Piriformis Syndrome - pretty much the Sciatic nerve, but more in the hip and butt. It will not hurt for a while, and then all of a sudden be the most excruciating pain ever. Tonight, just doing something basic, it started hurting and I seriously just cried in pain. It stinks because it is putting a hault on working out, which I have been enjoying. I think that this was all caused from leaning over picking weeds and stuff. I think I just totally overworked myself.

No comments: