Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our First Baby Class - Breastfeeding 101

We had our first class last night at St Mary's. Honestly, I have never seen so many ugly boobs on video in my life. We learned a lot of great tips from the instructor, but oh my gosh, some of those images were disturbing to me. I think I'm the only one in the class that reacted to them though. I wanted to laugh a few times, but didn't. I felt like a 9th grade boy laughing at the video. Oh well! I can't imagine the childbirth one.

I found it very comforting that the lady that taught the class will be my lactation consultant if I am there on the weekends. Also, they offer some great free classes and advice for after the baby comes, which will be great.

"Baby Basics" is Thursday night - that should be great for us - all about bathing, feeding, changing diapers, carseats, etc. This will be perfect for us since we don't know anything about babies! Neither one of us have really been around them that much!

Update on the baby: She STILL has no name which bothers me BIG TIME, she kicks a lot, and loves music. She never ever reacts to women country singers on the radio, but does to men. Like mother like daughter!!

No comments: