Mom and dad are going to the beach for the week, and I said that we could watch their dogs. Dad is coming back earlier than mom, around Wednesday I think. Let's just say this is going to be an adventure and probably good practice on using our camcorder!
To sum up night one: Mom and dad brought them, Otis about had a stroke when he realized all 3 dogs were there. We decided to keep them in a room in the basement when we are gone. Seemed to work ok while we all went to eat. Later, after mom and dad left, we decided to go watch the fireworks. We put them in the basement, and before we left, I saw Otis's shadow in the doorway to the basement stairs. He had knocked over the gate. So, it took a few minutes to round them all back up.
We went to the fireworks, got out of the car to watch them, and immediately I was bitten by fire ants all over my feet. Saw the pretty fireworks, got in the car, only for Derrick to get a call from ADT that our motion detector had gone off in the basement and the police were on the way. The dogs had gotten out! We got home, and sure enough, they were all out in the basement, leaving us some nice surprises of #1 and #2 throughout the whole thing.
The sleeping situation: all 4 dogs in bed with us (thank goodness for king-sized beds). Katie and Murphy right by my face and belly, Millie at the end of the bed, Otis at my feet until he got too hot and got down.
Now, they have been fed, they've all seen their first deer, and Katie for some reason won't get off of the rug to walk on the hardwoods. She is petrified of them. WEIRD. And.... I counted 22 fire ant bites on my toes and feet. Seriously, if it isn't one thing, it's another going on with me these days!
Pictures and video to come! I hope Otis enjoys his spend the night party before the baby comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment