Sunday, August 16, 2009

4 Generations.....

Mom and dad brought Grandmother to meet her Great Grandaughter today. Grandmother looked great and was so thrilled to meet Abigail. Her eyes were so bright and happy and you should have seen the way she checked out the nursery! It broke my heart all at once though because I wish she was in better shape and truly knew what was going on and could be a part of her life more. I have always had such a close relationship with my grandmother and I truly hope that Abigail and my mom do too. There's nothing like the memories of sitting at Grandmother's table eating snacks and talking to her about my day, my adventures at college or whatever. Playing with a small grocery cart at her house, playing with the infamous box of buttons, or even sharing a little glass of "watah" (using Grandmother's fabulous Southern accent) in my special little glass that she only let me drink out of. She has always been the best grandmother. I will never forget standing on a chair watching her wash dishes when I was really little and her saying "one day, you will be old enough to do this too" and me being SOOO excited. I remembered that as I was standing at the sink washing bottles. My how things change!












Great grandmother, GJ, Mommy (and her multiple chins) and Abigail




2 comments:

Cousin John said...

Thank you SO much for posting these wonderful pictures and I LOVE the post! So many wonderful memories with Grandmother.... I know how happy it must have made her to meet Abigail!

Kelly Ford said...

How precious! And don't you worry about any extra chins... you look great! You'll be back to your skinny mini self in no time (especially with all that nursing!!!).
I'm so glad you got such great pics of the 4 of you together :-)