Friday, January 8, 2010

5 Months Old

Abigail is 5 months old today....which is crazy to me!

About her these days:
- Playing on her back on the playmat is no longer an option - she flips right over in about 5 seconds.
- She moves all over the crib all night in her sleep - mainly rolling from being on her side
- Sleep - She will usually fall asleep in her swing, and then gets a bottle before bedtime and honestly goes to bed late - usually around 11 - 12. She sleeps until 6 when I feed her before I go to work, and then sleeps until about 8 or 9. I would prefer that she go to bed earlier and wake earlier, but hey, she's sleeping, so I'm not complaining!
- Food - she is eating around 36 oz or so of formula a day (did I mention$$$$?). Tonight, we are trying rice cereal for the first time. We'll see how it goes!
- She is extremely vocal and I love it. I hope she is a talker.
- She will do this fake little cough thing, cut her eyes over at you to see if you are looking and then laugh. Yes, she is kaniving even at 5 months - our teenage years may be scary!
- When I exercise in front of her, she laughs. I am hoping it is because she likes the movement, not because she's like, "oh my gosh, how did I end up with such a fat goober as a mom?"
- She's still in size 2 diapers, 3 - 6 month clothes (some 6 month size depending on the brand), she is a major drooler now, she can sit up with very little support, she likes her exersaucer when she's hyper, she wakes up with a smile on her face - she does NOT get that from her dad!, everything goes in her mouth, she won't keep the pacifier in her mouth long because she pulls it out and chews on it, she's a really funny little girl and we are loving watching her grow!


"Good morning!" This is how she wakes every morning.

She has started really feeling textures on the bed, her playmat, toys, etc. Look at those fat hands!

Loving her exersaucer - ok, I admit, she looks like me here.

No comments: