Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Cheerleader in the Making?

I will admit that when we first found out that we were having a little girl, I had a little bit of a meltdown. Not because I haven't always wanted to have a little girl, but because I didn't want to be a cheerleading mom. Don't get me wrong, I cheered from the time I was a little mascot until I decided to give it up right before high school, because it was too hard to juggle with tennis. It wasn't until I didn't cheer anymore that I watched and realized how silly it can be! But, the worst part to me are these crazy competitive cheerleading moms these days. The ones that demand that all the girls have their hair the same way, in the same type ponytail, with the same type ribbon..... and if you can't do a roundoff back handspring (is that what they are called? seriously I don't know!), you might as well forget it. Cheerleading is no longer about going out there, shouting "Push em back, Push em back, Waaaaay back (clap, clap)!" I just hope that Abigail wants to do sports, like real sports (ok, cheerleaders, don't get mad at me about that comment), I mean sports where there are rules, and time-outs and referees or umpires.
However, it is very possible that cheerleading is in our future........

"Hmm, what's this?"


"I think this is what you do?"
"I guess this is fun?!"
"Ah, that's better! That's what I think of cheerleading!"

No comments: