Saturday, September 24, 2011

Big Girl Bed

After killing my back trying to get Abigail in and out of the crib with the mattress on the floor, I decided it was time to convert the crib to the next stage as a daybed. Let me just say, I love this bed and I'm so glad that mom and dad bought us a convertible crib. I feel much better about her being in this rather than a true big girl bed!

Last night was her first night, and she did really well. It took her the same amount of time to go to sleep (it takes forever!), but she didn't try to get out. We watched her on the monitor and only one time did she try to get out, and then I walked in there slowly and saw her scooting back in bed as fast as she could.

The "new" bed - I think I may find a way to put the bumpers on the back side....heck, need to use those things somehow - they weren't used enough! New pillowcase from PB is on its way too. It will look super cute. I am going to have to figure out something with the bedskirt too....it works for now.
She has a new love for elephants (elfants), and I remembered she had this one on her shelf, so I gave it to her as some sort of big girl bed present. She was actually more obsessed with this than the bed. She said "oh cute elfant", "Sleep, elfant", "Sit, elfant".
I think that naptime at school really helped this whole process!

No comments: