Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Learning New Things

Abigail has learned so many things just since turning 2. I will post later about some of them.


The newest happened last night. She learned to climb out of her crib. She had made no indications she would do this, but by stacking her stuffed animals, she made it happen. Every single night, it takes at least 30 minutes for her to go to sleep. She throws things out of her crib all the time. Usually, we try not to react to it. Last night, I was just tired of hearing the whining....walked in there to tell her no, and there she was standing by her bed smiling and laughing. I guess she was determined to get the sheep that she threw out all by herself! Neither of us heard her fall or anything, and we had the monitor on, so I honestly think she did some major climbing and didn't really fall.


So.....Derrick dropped the mattress to the floor (but still in the crib). That should buy us some time before the big girl bed, which will be awful with her! I just know it. She is waaaay too hyper and would stay up playing forever if we would let her. I think in some ways I am not ready for her to have the big girl bed because I don't want her to grow up. I absolutely love this age, and don't want her to get older!

No comments: