Well the big deal recently has been potty training! Potty training has been something I have honestly dreaded and Abigail had a complete mental block towards. I said enough was enough, so decided to go through the 3 day plan of sitting her on the potty every 15 minutes. We started on the Saturday of the UGA/USC game. It was quite a LONG day.
Here was the plan: I made a potty chart and every time she used the potty or told me she needed to, she would get a sticker for the chart and a small prize. Where there was a * it meant she got a big prize. Every time she did #2 she would get a big prize. I pulled up the rug, and it was funny, when she woke up and saw it she said, "Heeey, what's the big idea?!"
The bowl of small prizes....
And the big prizes....
It was a VERY LONG DAY. There was a lot of sitting and reading. And nothing. Then, like 5 minutes after sitting, she would go on the floor.
More reading....and sitting.........
And more sitting.....and a couple of poopy accidents on the floor and the best of all: #2 right into the floor register, where when the air came on the whole house smelled.
I was pretty proud of myself and her. We were both in good spirits despite the long day.
Then....finally at 7:00 pm, after 12 hours, she did it! I knew if she would ever do it and get her prize, she would get the hang of it.
Her prize:
And she did....she has been doing great ever since!!
Rapunzel hair and candy bracelet (hey, whatever works!!!!)
Yes, there have been accidents, but for the most part, it's been going great!!!!
(Side story: we were running out of big prizes, so I started putting some of her old toys in there thinking I could pull a fast one. She fell for it at first and then said, "hey what's the big idea? I have these!")
No comments:
Post a Comment