Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 117 - 4/27/2013

Abigail had her first soccer game.  It was raining, so they had it in the gym.  

By the looks of these pictures, you would think she was a soccer star and loved every minute of it.....



 Perhaps she did, until she realized that everyone shares ONE ball, and that that ONE ball is not supposed to be touched with your hands.  


At halftime, I told her that she needed to run up and down the court and try to get the ball with her feet.  She said, "I tried to, but someone got in my way."  I told her that was what they were supposed to do and she should try to get in their way and get the ball.  It's kind of hard to teach that lesson to a toddler.  Normally, you are supposed to share with your friends and be polite, but when it comes to sports, your goal is to snatch the ball away and beat your friend.  Hmm......

She did start to play again.  I had to keep in mind that this was her first game because she missed the real first game.  So, maybe next week will be a little more successful!  


No comments: