Sunday, October 26, 2008

I've Been Tagged

OK, so Stacy tagged me in her blog. The rule is for me to name 7 random facts about myself and then tag more people. Honestly, of the people's blogs I read, they have all been tagged in the past week or so....but here are some random facts about myself:

1) I am a freak about grammar. I know mine is not the best on here, but some things that really bother me: their, there, they're -- these are 3 different words, often they're and there are interchangeable for people. This should NOT be the case. You're and your are also big mistakes people make. At one time I wanted to be an English teacher, so when I see things like this, I want to make corrections and send them back to people. You would not believe all the letters and bank contracts I see where these are not written correctly. It completely blows my mind. When I was younger and we passed notes, I would seriously correct people's notes with the correct spelling, commas, etc. I am a freak.

2) My absolute favorite food is spaghetti. Always has been, always will be. Why does it have to be sooo bad for you?? I seriously could probably eat spaghetti everyday.

3) My closet has always been a complete disaster my whole life. If any of you know my mom, you know that we always had a spic and span house growing up. My closet, not so much. If my parents told me to clean my closet growing up, I usually just moved the piles of clutter to the edge of the closet so there was "walking space". Now, poor Derrick, is cursed with my disastrous closet organization. His side is perfectly organized, mine looks like a train wreck. I will clean and organize it and 2 days later, it looks like Hurricane Gustav blew through hitting only one side of the closet. Sorry, Derrick, I'm working on it!

4) I love crafting, party planning and decorating. I absolutely love making homemade cards, frames, and other things. I would love to do this as a side job. I always have cute ideas for parties, cards, etc, and would love to get to do it more often! Wedding planning was super fun for me, if the pressure/stress factor wasn't there. I have always wanted to be a designer or party planner or something where I could use creativity. Now I am an accountant, go figure.

5) Feet are gross. While I am very happy to have them, other people's are gross. Maybe it's the fact that my toes are stubs, so toes with actual joints (I know, that's everyone) are gross. Needless to say, sorry Derrick, but I married someone with non-attractive feet. It shows how your priorities change when you get older. Funny little story: the first few times I saw Derrick without his shoes on, he just had on socks. One of his toes on his right side kind of sticks up in socks and I had all these crazy thoughts that I had finally met a good guy and he had like a 6th toe or something. I was trying to think how I would handle it when he finally showed me the disgusting 6th toe. Would I gag? Run? Laugh? It was seriously a stressful situation for me. Then, I finally saw his feet. It was just an ugly toe. I guess I figured that I could handle ugly vs. unusual additions.

6) I have actually grown an inch since high school. I used to be exactly 5'0 and am now 5'1. I know in the grand scheme of things, that means nothing, but to me, it is huge. I guess that helps me when I start to shrink with age. I was so worried I would end up 4'10 or something. Now, maybe, just maybe I will only be 4'11. :-)

7) The term "prego" really really bothers me. I don't know why. Chills go up and down my spine when people say that. Whatever happened to "pregnant"? Why does everyone say "prego" or "preggers" or whatever now. I don't know why it bothers me so much. Whenever I am expecting, all I ask of everyone is please, please, please don't say those words to me!

I guess I will tag these folks, if they haven't been tagged lately (no obligation to actually do this!):
Amanda
Ali G.
Gilly
Katie

No comments: