A couple of hours later, a group of us headed to China Town because someone told us it was awesome. Not. We had a funny cab driver. We asked her if there were any bad areas of Toronto. She said in a funny accent: "No. No bad parts. Shet can happen anywhere". It totally cracked me up and was our theme for the night. We ate at a pretty good restaurant, then headed out to find the "Entertainment District", which we figured out was about 5 miles down the road, uphill, in the snow (no, this isn't one of those tales a parent tells). That was one long walk. And the entertainment district, not so entertaining. We found a bar, where we asked where good music could be found. Low and behold, the place the guy named is one block from our hotel. I thought I would die.
One of my observations was that I had seen no Bank of Americas (and figured that this was since I was in Canada, not America!). This made me want to move to Toronto, because I cannot stand that bank. Then, on our 5 mile journey, I found one. That, along with the cold and snow convinced me that Toronto is not where I will move if Obama is elected. I am searching for another foreign city that speaks English...and has no Bank of America. I have taken no pictures, but we took this. Wh
y? I have no idea!!!
1 comment:
haaaaaaa. the pic is my favorite.
Post a Comment