Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's Workout Time....

After months of barely working out due to long hours at work, I finally decided enough is enough. I have got to take my life back and get back in a routine where I put ME and MY FAMILY first. So, Derrick and I got a membership to the Y. I sent an email at work letting everyone know that on Tuesdays and Thursdays I am leaving at 4:30. I get there at 6:30 everyday, so two days of working 9 or 10 hrs vs. 11 or 12 hrs should not be a problem (well, it may be, but like I said, I am going to start focusing on me).

Tuesday, we went to our first spin class. Honestly, I made it 35 minutes. I felt like I was going to die. I went to the car and waited on Derrick who made it an hour. The next day, I felt like I had given birth to a basketball. That was the worst part - my butt hurt BAD! But, two days later, and we went to class again. This class was a lot better and we both made it the full hour! The instructor was a lot better than the first one. He was really good and the hour went by a lot faster, though it was A LOT harder than on Tuesday. We are going to be in some bad shape tomorrow. I was drenched from head to toe, but I feel so much better, knowing that hopefully fat will find it's grave soon!

I was wanting to go to spin class on Sunday too, but I have to work Sunday for 12 - 14 hrs for some inventory cost revision which is automatically computed by the computer, but they wanted me and another woman in our department to be there in case the computer messes up. Makes a lot of sense. I am not looking forward to that at all! I may still take an hour break and head to the Y for the class on Sunday...I can already tell, this class is going to be addictive!

No comments: