I had the CPA exam this week in Marietta. Man, I am tired of that test. If only I had time to study and pass all 4 parts. Seems like something always gets in the way: long work hours, tax season, not being able to schedule the exam, our wedding, etc, etc. So, I am starting all over again. I have lost all of my credits, so it is back to square one. Ugh.
I realized in driving, that a lot of thoughts go through your head when you are on the road. Maybe that's why my blogs were more interesting when I had a long commute.
1. One thing that drives me nuts are slow left lane drivers or drivers who drive the exact same speed as the car next to them. I think that these people are 75% of the cause of traffic in Atlanta. If you really look at traffic, there are lots of large gaps between cars most of the time. It's the people who are driving exactly beside the car next to them. Are they talking to the people? Flirting with them? Why, why, why?!
2. I am now addicted to Sirius. I drove Derrick's car and didn't realize how bad "regular" radio is until I got to listen to his radio. I found myself totally rocking out going down the interstate. At one point on 316, I looked over and this man was laughing at me, because I was using my waterbottle as a microphone (I totally didn't realize I was doing this), and singing "Bad Medicine". I'm glad I didn't have an audience when Patsy Cline came on. It was probably quite a show though!
3. Hillary as Sec of State? I mean, REALLY??? This country is in really bad shape. I am a big believer that the world is not in a state yet to have a female President or a female Secretary of State. I didn't think that Condoleeza should have been nominated for that role either. The Secretary of State is the face of the nation in negotiating and meeting with leaders around the world. When over half of the world has little to no respect for women, a woman should not be sitting with these leaders and negotiating. I think it's sad that the world feels this way, but as long as they do, and as long as these Middle Eastern countries are such a threat to our nation, we need a strong male with military experience to represent our country. Was McCain the answer as President? No, I don't believe so. I have never liked McCain, but voted for him as the only option. Is Obama the answer? Absolutely not. Is Hillary the answer as Secretary of State? Doubly no. I just find it crazy that out of millions and millions throughout the nation, we can't do any better than the people that we have in Government now, both Republicans and Democrats.
1 comment:
Hi Allison! I enjoy your blog. I love the thinking that gets done while driving! Sometimes I wonder how I make it to my destination b/c I will be so lost in my thoughts, but next thing I know I have arrived but dont really know how I made it. My work is only 3 1/2 miles away ~ not complaining at all but I miss that morning thinking time in the car! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment