Monday, November 24, 2008

Wanted: The Dog Whisperer

Spraying with a water bottle. A firm and loud "no". Popping on the nose. Popping with a magazine. Ignoring. Overly praising for good behavior. Training collar. These are all the many ways that we have tried to train our dog. How many have worked? Zero! Otis may be cute. He may be cuddly. He may be loyal (well, I guess). He may be the next in line for a real life Pluto character. He may be funny. One thing that he is NOT: Obedient! For the last week, Otis has been a living terror. He has barked at everything. He has torn apart toys. We have used the training collar on him, all it does it spark a little bit more energy in him and the barking continues. I think he is bored. He desperately needs a day at Pawtropolis, but we are trying to save money. I think that I will make the sacrifice and eat ramen noodles for a week just to prevent this (all of that came out of that little blue ball):


"Wow, I did a good job"


"Let me try some more...this is fun!"





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can bring otis to play with mae. she always needs to burn some energy too!

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary today, you two! Can't believe it's already been a whole year! :-)

Anonymous said...

Quarter does the same thing with his stuffed toys. Once we give him one, it takes him all of 5 minutes to completely disembowel it and leave the stuffing EVERYWHERE!

I hope your last week at the "old" job went smoothly and that you and D are doing well.

Love you cuz!