The plan: Chris Gant invited Derrick over to watch the basketball game. Reagan and the Gainers came over too, and before Derrick went, he was complaining about why everyone was insisting on getting together for such a small game. That morning, mom came and brought lots of food for the shower. She told Derrick that she had a shower today and may not make it in time, so some woman (I think her name was "Cathy") was going to come by and pick up all the food later. It was so nice of her to make stuff for us, as I would have never had time to.
When Derrick left, I got things done, and folks arrived a little later. I had to get Derrick to leave Chris's, so I acted like I was really sick and needed him to go get me grape Pedialyte. I figured that would take him a long time to find at the grocery store. Meanwhile, Chris, Reagan and the Gainers came over to wait on him and surprise him. Well, Ali Gant told Derrick exactly where to get the Pedialyte, so it didn't take him long at all. But, luckily, we got everyone in the house (except Jeremy Gainer). I put on my robe (still acting like I was sick) and greeted Derrick at the front door because he didn't have his keys. When he walked in, everyone came out of the dining room and yelled "Surprise". I think he about had a heart attack. It was great. I was so glad he was surprised.
The boys went out afterwards and I hope they had a good time! A lot of people had other plans this weekend, so we didn't have a huge turnout, but it was still a good time and definitely a surprise.
Luckily I was able to find a 3 year old birthday picture of Derrick, so this worked out:
"Just call me Superman, Super (old) Man that is."
The Gainers gave Derrick a card that literally had him crying he was laughing so hard. He had to have Reagan finish reading it because he was laughing so hard.
1 comment:
Glad he was surprised! I thought sending him the wrong direction to Rite Aid would compound me telling him where the Pedialyte was! Oh well! I forgot how fast he drives!
Post a Comment