Saturday, January 3, 2009

Trip to Mississippi

The day after Christmas Mom and I went to Jackson, MS for a few days to visit my aunt and uncle and my Grandmother. That is a really long drive, I don't know why it seems longer than others. On the way there, in Alabama, we met a true Alabaman. A Jeff Foxworthy joke, for sure. This guy was in this old beatup truck. The camper top was longer than the truck by at least a foot. He had rebel flag dice hanging in the window. He looked like he was in the movie Deliverance. His wife had her feet on the dash and was sporting old Reeboks with the velcro. To top it off, the dog was in the back of the truck, with his head sticking through the window from the camper to the truck. It was quite a sight. The funniest part was that this guy seriously drove in the left lane for almost the whole state of Alabama (maybe more). We would go 90, he would somehow go to 90. We could not pass him. I have no idea how his truck made it. Finally, after we were totally cracking up for miles, he majorly slowed down. I am convinved that either a) his camper top fell off or b) his engine finally blew.





No comments: