Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Big News!

We are expecting a baby! This was not expected or planned but we are VERY excited! Our baby is due on August 30th, and I am 11 weeks pregnant.

The day before Christmas Eve, I took a pregnancy test. I'm not even really sure why. I was feeling super tired, but not sick, so I was at the store, and just thought of buying a test. It came up positive, almost instantly. So, I did another. Then, I went and told Derrick, who was totally shocked. So, later that day, we bought ANOTHER one. And, once again, positive, and really fast! I don't think Derrick really believed it. In fact, I don't think it really hit him until our first appointment.

Our first appointment was awesome. We had a sonogram and got to see the amazing heart of our little lima bean baby. It was beating so hard, sounded like a herd of elephants.

We waited to tell our family after the appointment that weekend. Mom and dad came to our house to go to the movies with us, and I told them by giving them a framed picture of their grandbaby (the sonogram). Mom totally freaked and dad was so happy. As many of you know, mom has wanted a grandbaby for a while, so she is ecstatic. We told Derrick's family the next day.

So....that's some pretty big news, and now I will start to keep this blog updated with updates on us, the baby growing inside me, and our life in general.

6 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

yeah, i'd say that's some big news!! but great news!! congrats!!

That Guy John said...

I'm so happy for you guys!

Kristin said...

Congrats! Very exciting!

Nana Julie said...

I am so excited for you both! And I can just imagine how your mom reacted. I love your banner picture also! Congrats you two - you are going to be great parents.

Unknown said...

I am so happy for your both! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Congratulations!!!!

Reeder Family said...

Congratulations Allison! I am so happy for you and Derrick!