Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Blizzard in Athens

Sorry I am late putting these pictures up, but the snow storm came Sunday and we were out of power until about 4:00 pm on Monday, and we have been playing catch-up since then! The snow was SO beautiful. I don't ever remember seeing so much snow. Otis absolutely loved it. He had a blast. Derrick had to go work on some things at the rental house on Dudley when the snow started, well a couple of hours later, he was dealing majorly bad conditions to get back home. In the meantime, our power went out, and I told him to grab some food on his way, not knowing that we would be out of power for 24 hours. It was SO cold in our house. At one point, it was 45 degrees. I have never been so thankful for heat in my life. Here are some pictures from the storm:

The blizzard starts........



















































View from back of our house...it was so pretty!









Ok, so in our backyard, there is this terrible little sad tree that I don't like. Trees were falling and breaking all around us, but this horrid thing didn't even drop a limb. UGH!

No comments: