While I have thought about it a lot since finding out that we are expecting a baby, it has just all of a sudden hit me. That line in one of my favorite movies ever, Gone with the Wind, keeps popping in my head. Because Lord knows, I don’t. I haven’t even really been around babies that much. Honestly, they have always scared me. Then, babies become toddlers and they seem really cute for a couple of years, and then they start asking “Why” a lot and then they start wiping their snotty noses on things, and then they start liking Hannah Montana a few years later, then they start liking the opposite sex a couple of years after that, then they are bratty teenagers, then they graduate, and that folks, is when I finally feel comfortable around kids, I guess once they are considered adults. Understandably, this has me in quite a panic. I have always wanted a couple of children of my own, and I know that this is just stupid worrying, but oh my goodness, I really don’t know anything!
People have been asking that I give updates on the pregnancy…..I am at 16 weeks and I am generally feeling a little better these days. I will go about 3 – 4 days and feel fine (just tired) and then all of a sudden, just like yesterday, be sick as a dog. It’s bizarre, and honestly annoying. I really don’t understand when people say they “loved being pregnant”. While I know I will love the end result, the pregnancy part is NOT fun. I mean it’s neat knowing that this little baby is growing inside me (it’s really bizarre when you think about it). However, nothing is fun about being sick, getting a ginormous chest that makes your clothes too tight, not being able to drink a margarita, heck not being able to get a sub sandwich because I can’t have deli meat, having to sleep on my side all the time, when it’s the one time in my life I would love to sleep on my back. It’s not fun. All I have to say is that jersey knit dresses are my new bff and I am glad that they are in style! They will stretch with me and are so super comfy during this awkward in between time! And…I just read on my pregnancy calendar thingy that our baby’s ears are now moving up to its head and are no longer on its neck. On its neck?? Whoa. The ultrasound totally didn’t show us that!
No comments:
Post a Comment