Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update....Haven't blogged in a while!

I realize that I haven't blogged in a while. I will use tax season as an excuse, but that's really not it. I have several posts I started and then never finished. A little recap of the past few weeks:
A couple of weeks ago, Mom and I took Otis, Murphy and Katie to a doggie easter egg hunt at Pawtropolis. Katie typically doesn't like different environments, but she had a blast. She enjoyed it a lot more than Murphy and Otis. They both just shook and didn't seem to like it. It was fun getting to see all the cute doggies. I really wish I could have a doggie daycare!

In search of eggs filled with treats and drawing numbers. Some folks were crazy and were getting tons and tons of eggs, like basically grabbing them out of people's hands. Mom and I left a lot for others to get, especially kids!

Murphy and his long lost girlfriend (she was super cute):

All the doggies so tired after their egg hunt. Katie had on a cute little outfit that everyone went crazy over:

My attempt at a picture with my dog that was too busy checking out all the other dogs:

During Spring Break, Derrick helped mom and dad paint my Grandmother's house. I know it wasn't the ideal spring break for Derrick, but they needed help and they have done SO much for us, that we want to help them any chance we can. Anyways, on that Friday, Derrick took Otis with him. While at mom and dad's house, mom decided to groom Otis with her clippers because we have always said that we can't get him short enough. Well, she got him short all right! He was shaved on his back and top of head completely. So, when Derrick brought him home, we just shaved the rest of him. There were so many mats and stuff, it was hard to do, but I'm sure he feels better now. He looks weird as all else though.


Most recently, of course, we had Easter. First, I woke up to a surprise from the Easter bunny. Derrick always does a great job as Easter bunny! A basket full of goodies, a little UGA bottle for Baby Wolfe, and a little stepstool that I have desperately needed for around the kitchen.



Then, Derrick and I went to Athens FUMC for service. They have a contemporary service, and I thought we should check it out. The preacher was awesome, I really liked him a lot. The music was only so-so, but I want to give it another try, because I really did like the preacher. He is our age, I remember him from college.

That afternoon, we went to mom and dad's house for some good food and treats! As usual, mom was super sweet and had baskets for each of us. She even had the cutest basket for baby Wolfe with his/her first stuffed animal, which is a really sweet teddy bear.
Now, today, we have our detailed sonogram, and hopefully we will find out if we are having a boy or a girl! Last week, I had an unexpected appointment because I was having some cramping, and they did a sonogram. P.S. everything was A-ok, they just wanted to make sure. Anyways, the baby's foot was in the way of the goods the whole time! The doctor said if she had to guess, she would say it's a girl, but that it was only a guess. This whole time I have thought it was a boy, so it is going to throw me for a loop if it is a girl. Derrick thinks it's a girl. Who knows - I just want a healthy baby! So.....we will post later then news and hopefully some cool sonogram pictures.
Oh yes, and how could I forget?! I'm halfway there! 20 weeks!!! Woo-hoo! And my belly is really starting to show, which I know some women find as fun. Me, not so much!

No comments: