Friday, April 17, 2009

We're Having a Girl!

We had our detailed sonogram yesterday, and found out that we are having a baby girl! All along I thought it was a boy, and all along Derrick thought it was a girl. So, for once, Derrick is right! :-) I have to change my mindset completely, but we are excited!

They said the baby was around 13 oz, and they calculated that I was 21 weeks along vs. 20 weeks, which is fine by me (and what I thought to begin with). They said they aren't going to officially change my due date though (booo!). Her heart beat was at 140, which they said was perfect. Everything looked really good in the sonogram. The baby was so crammed in there - her little legs were basically in her mouth - ouch! She has the sweetest little hands and feet though. Her hands look bigger than mine are now! haha.

They did find one small calcium deposit in her heart, which they said is very common and something that they see everyday. They said the only time it causes concern is if there are other abnormalities, which they did not see. They said that most of the time, this goes away before birth, and if it doesn't, it's ok too, as it doesn't affect blood flow. Let's hope everything is okay, but the doctor didn't seem concerned at all.

We have some 3D pictures of the baby that we will scan and put on here! Honestly, one picture looks like an alien, but the others are really cute and neat!

1 comment:

cute pumpkin said...

Congrats!!!
Girls are so much fun! I am so excited for you.
Whitney