Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wax On, Wax Off

Yes, I think we have a Karate Kid on our hands. Evidentally in the past few days, the baby has moved positions, because she has been kicking me super hard in the ribs. It's like she knows when I'm supposed to be awake or something, because if I try to sleep just 10 minutes longer, I can't, because she kicks me like crazy. She has been really stirred up the past two days. When I talk, she stops, or if Otis is barking (she better get used to that) she also stops for some reason. But the rest of the day, she has been crazy. It seems like the only time she rests is early afternoon, which is about the time that I am super tired because I have gotten no sleep from her kicking and moving and from it being hotter than Haites in our bedroom at night. I have seriously woken up in a sweat the past two nights. It seems like the hormones kick in later at night, as far as getting hot flashes and stuff. It's going to be a long summer as far as that goes! It was so cool outside last night, I would have given anything for a screened porch - I think I would have slept out there!
I just want Derrick to feel her kicking. When we fell asleep his hand was on my belly and she started kicking, but he was in his sleeping coma and didn't feel it.
I am also ready to name her - there are lots of things I want to personalize for her nursery, and we need a name!!!!! Hopefully, this is something we can agree on in the next couple of weeks! I have a name I love, but Derrick doesn't seem to love it as much, so we have to make some compromises!

1 comment:

Kelly Ford said...

I found that Rhyan was super active at night as well... actually, she was super active ALL the time! And my ribs got the brunt of it, as well. Oh, and I was preggo in the winter months and STILL sweated up a storm at night. I've always been cold at night, so Jeff was in heaven (he likes it cold and thought it was a great way to save money on heating). Unfortunately, that means you'll be spending alot on A.C.... but its TOTALLY worth it to be comfortable! I'm so excited to see her when she comes!!!