Friday - I took mom to the Georgia baseball game for Mother's Day. The game was terrible - the Dawgs definitely don't look like a former #1 team. It looked like a college vs. high school team. It was also scout night. So, we were surrounded by little boy scouts. We left about halfway during the game because A) we were playing pitifully bad; B) those kids and their parents were annoying us and C) it was hot and uncomfortable! Mom stayed the night and then took Otis back to their house on Saturday morning.
Saturday - Derrick and I made a one day trip to Charlotte, NC for our niece's 1 year birthday party. She has really grown and is a cutie! I will post pictures later. The drive there isn't bad at all. Well, I wasn't driving, so maybe I should speak for myself. But, Derrick commented when we got home that it didn't seem like 3 hours on the way home.
Sunday - Despite attempts at sleeping late, I couldn't, so I got up, got some things done around the house, and headed to Lawrenceville to spend Mother's Day with my mom and grandmother. I just hung out there, went shopping a little with mom, and then had dinner. Michael came over too.... our dog adores him obviously:
Mom also got a kick out of saying that both of her kids are pregnant (awful picture of us, but oh well):
When I got home that night, there was a Mother's Day present waiting for me......a super sweet card and a book that I wish I had had months ago. The title is a little blunt, but it has some really funny things in there. It talks about all the different crazy things that happen to you in pregnancy (broken out by month) and then how to cope with them. I'm excited to read them all. It was so sweet of him to think of me.




No comments:
Post a Comment