I just haven't posted in about a week....
Let's see....oh yeah, last Saturday, we had an all day birthing class. That was one long class. I'm not really sure that we learned that much from it - I think I learned more about C-Sections than anything, and it's really good to know about them just in case, ya never know! We did some breathing exercises and stuff, and learned about different methods during labor. The video kept showing this couple where the guy was all in the woman's face soothing her, etc. I turned to Derrick and said "DON'T do that" - I think he has learned by now not to be in my face when I'm in a bad mood, which I'm sure will be the case during labor!
Then, after the class, Amanda and Scott came to visit. I got some fun gifts from them, which is always great! Then, we went and ate Mexican and then came back and of course I played Scott in Ping Pong. The history there: my old boss always had yearly parties at his house, and I took the ping pong matches there WAY seriously. I had only been working at Moore Stephens Tiller like a month maybe, and went to one of those parties and did a whoopin on the boss and several other guys there. None of the other girls would play. So, that became my trademark. Then, Amanda started working there, I played her hubbie, and whooped him the first time. Then, he came back and beat me. So, we have had a competition ever since then....
I beat him the first game, and it was a close game 2 and 3 that I lost, but I must say, I did pretty well considering I have no agility whatsoever right now! Ping pong is so dang addictive, and I wish there was a league, seriously I would join in a heartbeat.
Tuesday, we had an Infant CPR class and mom and dad came to that class since they will be watching our little girl a good bit, and everyone needs to know how to do that! It was a really good class.
Now, I'm counting down til the weekend. It's been a really, really long week. My swelling has been pretty bad. I did my first day of swimming at the Y the other day, and it made me feel so much better, I am definitely going to go more often!
I feel like I never update on Derrick.....he has been pulled a million directions lately, I feel bad for him. He's solely working on getting both of the rental houses rented for his family, coordinating people to do yardwork and maintenance on them, trying to get the Gant's house sold - been going and taking pictures and videos, etc; trying to work on our house since I can't do near as much as I once could; and most importantly trying to FIND A JOB. I think that everyone thinks that since he doesn't have a steady full-time job right now, that he has time to do everything. I know it's hard on him! Derrick has such a big heart and wants to please everyone - sometimes he needs to learn to just say no. I just want him to know I'm thankful for it all!
Now, everyone get to praying and let's get him a full-time, non-commission only job! Our lives would be so much better and less stressful! Ok, that ended up being a long post!
No comments:
Post a Comment