Monday, June 29, 2009

Pain, pain, pain!!

On Saturday, my ear started hurting. By the end of the afternoon, it was really really hurting. By Sunday morning, I was in extreme pain. My left ear was killing me, my glands and face were swollen, and I just generally felt lousy. I just boo-hooed because I had my shower that day, but luckily the tylenol made me feel ok enough for the shower. But when it wore off, boy did it. I have been known to get ear infections, but this is an extremely painful one and I can't hear out of my left ear at all.

I got up this morning and had Derrick take me to the doctor. When she looked in my ear she was like "wow - I can't even see anything because of the swelling and fluid". She prescribed me an antibiotic and some drops and told me to see an ENT doctor. The only doctor available today has an office in Athens and Lawrenceville, and he was in Lawrenceville. Derrick drove me there. After waiting FOREVER, he took a look in my ear and said the same thing "wow". He said he bet I was in a whole lot of pain, and boy was he right. They sucked some stuff out (can we say OUCH) and took a sample from in my ear. He said there appeared to be a cyst or pimple in my ear, and he was going to test for staph. He also kept saying he knew I was in pain, but there really isn't much I can do when pregnant. He prescribed me some stuff for pain, but I am not taking it. I will suffer before possibly hurting our baby!

Now, my ear still feels full, but the fluid is at least moving around. But, that's almost more painful. Everytime it moves, I seriously almost scream. I generally have pretty good pain tolerance, but this hurts more than anything I've experienced in a long time. Hopefully, it will clear up really soon. The doctor wants to see me again tomorrow to look for improvement, and hopefully do some other stuff to help. In the meantime, I'm in major pain, my jaw is so swollen that my back teeth haven't touched in 3 days, and I am chewing with my front teeth.

I just hope our little girl is still doing well. She appears to enjoy me being in pain - she has been super active these past few days. That's fine with me - she's the most important thing right now!

No comments: