Sunday, August 9, 2009

Baby Abigail has arrived!

I went to the doctor on Friday morning because I felt lousy, with a headache, backache and lots and lots of swelling. The doctor looked at me and sent me straight to labor and delivery at St. Mary's because she said I had severe preeclampsia. I expected bedrest, but off to the hospital I went.

For 12 hours they gave me the medicine that helps dilate you, and at 6:30 am this morning they gave me Pitossin (sp?) to induce labor. After a VERY long day, and going through 3 epidurals (yes, 3), and a 102 fever, our baby was born. At 9:32 am after 1 hour of pushing, our beautiful baby arrived on August 8, 2009. It was absolutely amazing. Derrick and I just balled and couldn't stop.

Baby Abigail (middle name TBD) was born at 37 weeks, 20 inches long and 6 lbs 12 oz. A perfect size and they said 80th percentile and measured at 39 weeks. Her little chubby cheeks and arms are precious. I love me some chubby babies!

Click on the pictures to enlarge them!

Before delivery (102 fever and VERY tired)!


Baby girl with proud daddy:



Swollen mommy with our baby girl finally looking at us:


Daddy is officially in love:


She lays just like mommy and daddy when sleeping:


Just chilling out after breast feeding (yep she did it!)


First bath (didn't like it that much at first):


Hey, that feels pretty good actually!


Sleeping at last:

You can't see them, but she has the chubbiest little arms and cheeks, just precious!

3 comments:

Kelly Ford said...

OH MY WORD!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the cubby cheeks, too! Oh, i'm just so excited for yall and will be checking this blog DAILY to see how she's growing! CONGRATS!!! Abigail is a doll :-)

Jill Rodgers said...

She is beautiful and very hard to believe she was early!!

Anonymous said...

abigail is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!! can't wait to meet her! otis should be a proud big brother!