Tuesday, October 13, 2009

First Night Away....

Abigail and Otis stayed with my parents this past weekend. The original reason was for Derrick and me to go to the UGA/Tenn game. However, I was still feeling sick and it was supposed to rain, so I opted out. Derrick still went, so that meant I had the house to myself!! This was the first time in a REALLY long time that I had the house to myself to actually clean, like REALLY clean. When I was pregnant, I didn't feel like it, and wasn't allowed to lock myself in the bathroom with a good bottle of bleach. Something about that smell of bleach makes things seem cleaner! I didn't get as much done as I wanted, as I had to do work for the upcoming tax deadline. Unfortunately, I also couldn't sleep that well! My one opportunity to do so.

I know some parents can't let go enough for their kids to stay elsewhere..... NOT ME! It was a nice break, plus I know that she was probably getting more undivided attention at their house than ours! She seemed to have a blast, and the little rat slept on a schedule there, only to come back Sunday night to have one of the worst nights we've had with her - uncontrollable screaming for hours!

I'm glad she enjoyed her grandparents' - she'll be sent there often! Wish they lived closer!
Here are pictures mom sent from the weekend:
She has gotten to where she gets so tickled and smiles at stuff so hard that she just gets beside herself. It's SO cute!

No comments: