Wednesday, January 12, 2011

10 Things I Have Learned While Snowed In

10 things I have learned while snowed in:
1) Not getting dressed is very relaxing. Knowing that I can wake up, go get my coffee and just sit and do whatever is pretty awesome. I have been wearing the same sweatpants for 3 days, and I don't care! :-)
2) The Keurig mom and dad gave me for Christmas is great. Instant warmth in a cup!
3) Our thermostat is ridiculously wrong. It always says 67 or 68 degrees, even when you can practically see your breath it's so cold. Also, our heat blows out cold air for far too long before switching to warm air!
4) Mysterious footprints seem to appear in our snow, which is scary. Also, we haven't seen many deer in a while, but their hoof prints prove that they are out there, and apparently love our yard - they must love weeds!
5) Rice Krispie treats should NOT be made prior to a snow-in. "Snap, crackle, pop" is really the sound of my abs, hips and butt bulging!
6) I love having woods on the back of our property - it is such a beautiful view in the snow. BRIGHT in the mornings, but SO beautiful.
7) Wii is the perfect investment for snow days. Abbey loves watching it, and it's so fun to do when there is nowhere to go. (Plus, it's a way to minimize the snapping, crackling and popping.)
8) I can keep a pretty darn clean house even with a toddler running around, AND while working from home. Wish it was always this way!
9) I already knew this, but I do NOT want to ever move up north (unless it's to go up there since all the yankees have moved down here! haha). Snow is pretty and fun and all, but it takes like an hour to get myself dressed, plus a toddler dressed just to walk outside to realize it's too cold to be outside!
10) Getting to spend time with Abbey is so much fun, and I dread the months ahead when I won't get to do that as often! Going back to work is going to be EXTREMELY hard!

No comments: