Abbey and Otis are becoming friends. Abbey has always adored him, saying "Awww, Hey Dawg" and laying her head on him. He used to freak out when she laid her head on him, but now he lets her and he also gives her kisses (I'm thinking that her giving him food is helping this relationship!)
It's hard to say what new things have happened since last month, because she is constantly changing, but I will try!
- She loves singing songs - she tries her best at the Itsy Bitsy Spider - she does her fingers and says "pider" and then loves the part where you "wash the spider out".
- E-I-E-I-O! She is obsessed with Old MacDonald and all farm animals (see the upcoming post) Funny story: She was in the bathtub and there was a Ronald McDonald toy and I said "Ronald McDonald" and she said "E-I-E-I-O". haha.
- She loves Elmo AKA: "Melmo". I tried to avoid having Elmo in her life (he gets on my last nerve), but it looks like I can't.
- She can be casually walking by something, see a Bulldawg, and say "Go Dawgs" and keep going about her business.
- "Bap" = bath, and she LOVES it. She hits the door as hard as she can saying "bap, bap, bap"
- "Hair" for when she gets her hair washed before the bath - (we wash it in the sink to keep it out of her ears and it is fast and easy!)
- To go out, she again, hits the door and says "out"
- She loves running into things and saying "Ow" and cracks up after doing so
- She says "Chair" and "Bear" in the funniest Southern accent, more like "Chaya" and "Baya", sounding very much like her Great Grandmother, and I LOVE IT!
- She loves to run around everywhere, and once she is down and running, there is no picking her up, without major hissy fits. We had our first hissy fit meltdown at Lowe's the other day, when we made the mistake of letting her walk in the garden section, and then I tried to pick her up. That was a fun, backbreaking task taking her to the car!
- She gets crazy hyper at night, usually right before bedtime. She runs and screams and just can't get enough energy out. It's hysterical.
- When she coughs, she pats her cheek (I think she got this from us patting her back).
- She has been adding a "G" to a lot of her words lately, all words she was saying perfectly before. "Gilk" = Milk; "Gock" = Sock; "Gock" also = rock. We have been working on her saying "Mmmilk", so now she says "Mmmmmm Gilk".
- She still absolutely loves to be outside, and especially loves playing with balls and sticks and rocks. (Definitely not a girly-girl outside). She constantly wants us to throw the ball to her and she says "Ball, get it". When it lands, she says "Uh, oh" the entire time until she picks it up.
- She is really learning her ABC's (though some days she gets mixed up, usually when I'm trying to show someone else she can do it). The letters she knows and recognizes: A, B, C, D (which is sometimes B), E, G, H, I (her favorite), K, M (the weirdest sound ever), O (Other favorite), P, Q (so funny), S (sssss), T (which is sometimes I). I'm VERY impressed with her ABC's, and we work on them daily.
- When she is counting down to do something she says "A, 2, Go!"
- Her measurements at 20 months: 24.5 pounds (50th percentile), 32.25 inches long (50th percentile, and over half of me now!)
Ok, that's all I can think of for now! Hoping the next month does fly by so quickly!!!
Ok, that's all I can think of for now! Hoping the next month does fly by so quickly!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment