My baby girl turned two today. Some days it seems like it was just yesterday that she was a tiny little baby keeping us up all night long. Other days, it seems like a long two years. Either way, they have been the best two years! I cannot even remember my life without Miss Abigail Claire! She is a pure joy. There is not a single day that she doesn't bring a smile to my face. Even if she has pitched a hissy fit for hours, she will do some little funny something that makes me laugh. It's such a blessing to have this tiny little person that fills my heart with such joy!
All about Abigail at 2 years old (can I say 24 months instead?? I may count in months for a few years, it makes her seem less old!) - this is kind of long and random, but I am writing as things come to me:
- She repeats everything! She is still struggling on getting sentences together, but she will repeat every single thing that she hears. (It's scary!)
- She loves to sing her ABC's and to count things.
- She will now point at different things and say their colors. "Green" and "Yellow" are always yelled! We need to work on that being changed to red and black!
- She has finally started saying "I love you", the you sounds like "ew" (melts my heart)
- She will say "Bless You" when you sneeze, "scuse me" when she burps, "thank you" when she gets something from you (And often follows it up with "welcome")
- She still hates diaper changes, and I believe we are about to start working on potty training (Ugh - I dread this more than anything!)
- She loves Elmo ("Melmo") and Mickey Mouse. She is also obsessed with the movie, "Kung Fu Panda". She is in a trance when it is on (It's one of my favorite movies now, seriously). She also loves Nemo, but we don't have that one - she watches it at her grandparents.
- Speaking of grandparents, she absolutely loves her Pop and "J-mommamomma" (She repeats the momma twice). When a car pulls up at our house, or she thinks one does, she says "Michael".
- She loves to read books, and we still read Goodnight Moon almost every single night. (I think I can recite it by heart).
- Being outside is very favorite thing in the world. Bringing her inside is my least favorite thing in the world.
- She loves to tell things bye-bye now: "Bye, bye, cool" (when leaving school), "Bye, Bye, Otis", "Bye, Bye, Dadaaaa"
- When we drive down our road, she yells "house" and points at each house on the street. Before we pull on the street, she says "Otis, Dada".
- Finally, finally, finally, she says "flower" instead of calling them balls!
- Every night, she runs down the hall from one end of our house to the other. She does it for about 15 minutes! I stay in the middle and she runs and hugs my neck, and then takes off screaming to the other end.
- Speaking of hugs, she gives the best hug around your neck now, and loves to give kisses. She doesn't poke her lips out to kiss - she does opposite - she holds them in.
- She loves making animal sounds. I tried showing her what a bunny does with its nose, and it's so funny because she can't do it, so she blinks over and over. (I will have to get it on video). She knows all the animal sounds except the pig. She thinks the pig makes a panting sound? It's so funny.
- Almost every day, she will grab a wine bag I have, put it around her wrist and say, "Bye, bye, see ya!" and struts around the house.
- She equates our bed with playtime. (I'm kinda ok with that - I am super opposed to kids getting in the habit of sleeping with their parents!) Funny story: the other night, she was having a bad night, so I brought her in our bed (before Derrick went to sleep). She actually laid there and was quiet for a while. Then, she got on the pillow with me. I thought she was asleep, and then all of a sudden she grabbed my nose and said "honk, honk". haha. I put that little booger back in her bed!
- She is still picky with eating. I think I bragged about her too much in the early months of eating when she ate everything. If all else fails, she will always eat pasta and cheese! (Just like her momma). She is obsessed with Goldfish. I wish I could invent some that actually have some sort of nutritional value. Maybe that's my way of becoming a millionaire?? She actually loves broccoli too, she calls them trees. I think they must have shown them that at school.
- She loves to dance. She shakes her booty. I picked her up the other day from school, and she was dancing in the middle of all the students (she gets that from Derrick, and not me!). She was shaking her tail feather like no other. Yikes, I fear for the nights on Clayton Street in the future.
- She also loves to do yoga. (Not sure who she gets this from??) There is a video on my phone that does yoga for kids and she loves doing it. It is hysterical. Again, something I need to capture on video. She does the Downward Dog, Upward Dog, and can even do a plank. It's crazy.
- She is obsessed with shoes. She changes her shoes at least every 30 minutes, ALL DAY LONG!
- She says her name now: "Agail Woof". SO cute!
- Stats from her 2 year check-up: 26 1/2 pounds (25th - 50th percentile), 34 3/4" (75th percentile) = "Tall and skinny" per her doctor. She definitely doesn't get that from my side, which is "Short and Fat"! :-)
She is such a sweetheart, and I love her so much! Stop growing up on me, Miss Abigail!!!!
Here are pictures from her birthday:
She started the day with a 2 shaped pancake topped with fruit and honey (yum!).
Ok, I just noticed that her bib matched her plate and shorts (I promise I didn't plan that! Awesome!)
At night, we had dinner, presents and cake. JanMomma and Aunt Sassy joined us. We missed Michael and Pop, who were both working.
Of course, the perfect accessory, her rainboots (ok, you know me, I didn't let her go out like this! haha)
Wearing the precious cowboy boots that JanMomma and Pop gave her - she loves them!
When we brought in the big present from us (a tricycle), she instantly lit up, and took off her boots as fast as she could so she could run over to it easier.
She LOVES it! She needs to grow into it a little bit, but it has the push-thing on the back for us until then.
Blowing out her candle! (I couldn't get her to look straight ahead!)
This is a cute video of her from her birthday....it really shows her personality: wearing my shoes, giving kisses, her wildness, and saying Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Miss Abigail Claire! You are loved by many!
No comments:
Post a Comment