We hosted Christmas Eve dinner at our house this year. I enjoy hosting and we had a great time!
Here are pictures from the night:
Table all set....the only time I get to bring out the fine china!
Pinterest-inspired update to my garland. Mesh ribbon is my new Christmas decorating obsession.
Talk about re-using. At our wedding, we used these centerpieces with candles and berries on them. I used them as a kitchen table centerpiece and added ornaments instead of candles.
I think it turned out pretty good!
I think it turned out pretty good!
Group picture - finally one where everyone is smiling!
Abbey loved the food. During the prayer, she was digging into the macaroni and cheese, I peeked at her and saw that she was looking around like, "Why aren't you people eating this good stuff?!"
She was really putting on a show for everyone!
Time to open presents!
This year, we did a White Elephant exchange for the adults. It was fun, and it was crazy how everyone ended up with the gifts that suited them the most..
Michael looks extremely comfortable in that chair. haha.
Our limit was $20, so the gift I made was $20 worth of dollar bills made to look like a shirt.
Otis and his very best friend.
Sweet baby Allie, given by Aunt Sassy. Abigail loves her and takes her everywhere.
And.....the men putting together the trampoline that mom and dad gave Abigail. We got Abigail ready for bed, went through 5 bottles of wine, and went caroling around the neighborhood, and finally they were done (ok, we didn't do that, I mean, really? Our neighbors were all asleep by then. We did get Abigail in comfortable pajamas while it took FOREVER for them to put together).
But it was well worth the wait!
She immediately jumped as high as she could. It was hilarious. I will have to upload the video later.
It was a great Christmas Eve with family!

No comments:
Post a Comment