So I haven’t really vented lately on here, and I don’t know if anyone even cares to read any of it anyways, but, it’s my blog, so I’ll write if I want to!
I know that Derrick and I have questioned the timing of the baby and are scared to death because of his job situation. At first I was super scared because I had just started my new job, and was so afraid that my new employers would be mad. We dodged that obstacle – they have been great, actually more than great. The downside is that since I just started the job, any short term disability would not be effective for maternity leave. So, I’m saving up vacation time for when the baby comes, and then will probably have a couple of weeks of unpaid time, which is very scary. So, everyone help in finding Derrick a job – he will be doing Keller Williams still part time, but real estate sales isn’t going to cut it in this economy!!!
Anyways, back to my original thought. I know some have wondered about the timing of the baby, and like I said, we were scared too. However, the more I have thought about it the more insane it sounds that there is “perfect timing” for a baby. Sure, you can always wait until your careers are “perfect”. But then, people often struggle with taking time for the baby versus their career that they have worked so hard towards. Also, by that point, you are often at an age where it’s hard to have a baby, and there are more risks for complications. If everyone waited until they were financially 100% ok to have a baby, we would all be waiting forever to have a baby. We always feel like we can have more and more money. Who honestly thinks that they don’t? I don’t think anyone can – you always can have more, whether you use it for yourself, for charity or for medical research. Everyone wishes they had more money.
Also, I feel so fortunate to have been able to get pregnant. My mom and actually her whole side of the family struggled to get pregnant. I have friends who have tried and tried and spent thousands on procedures to help get pregnant. So, as I think of all of this, I feel even more blessed. I know that God has a plan for us. For some reason, He wanted us to have a baby right now. And we are thrilled about it! So, instead of worrying about the timing and if everything is going to work out okay, I am going to put it in His hands, because His hands were what brought us this baby to begin with. I just can’t believe that in 4 months we will have a little girl. It’s scary as heck, but sooo exciting. I never thought that I could already love someone so much, yet have not met her yet, only seen her on a monitor. I can’t imagine the feeling once I get to meet her for the very first time.
So, all I ask of everyone is to keep us in your prayers: for the baby’s health, my health, for Derrick to get a job, and for us to just be a happy little family. Oh yeah, and put in a few words for Otis – he seems to be having some major mental issues lately.
2 comments:
In regards to the timing, I've really found that its in times like these (scary, struggling times) that we have the opportunity to see Gods hand at work more so than when things are all "ok". Not because He is any more or less at work, but because we depend on Him more... which is BEAUTIFUL, and humbling! But just what our relationship w/ Him should be... a dependent one. Its when we are self-reliant that we ignore Gods blessings and forget to praise Him. So the timing truly is PERFECT.. because you'll learn and grow and see Him more in this time of your life than you would otherwise! Thats SO EXCITING. Yes, nerve racking, but exciting!
We will definitely be praying for your job situation. With me working for a small business, we dont get maternity leave and we've chosen for me to take most of the summer off (11 weeks)... only 2 of which will be paid. Since i'm the breadwinner, thats scary. But we've worked hard to save, and i know that NO amount of money could buy the valuable time we'll have together as a family this summer (since jeff will be off, too). So just enjoy this time and do your best to TRUST that the Lord is at work and that He LOVES you, Derrick and the baby that HE created!!!
I'm so excited for yall!!!
Thanks Kelly! That was the sweetest thing to write and SO true! Some have doubted our timing and whether it was planned or not (while the majority are ecstatic like we are), so it's really nice to hear support and such kind words!
Post a Comment